- You can choose between one syllable, two syllable and multiple homophones (three or more words).
- Level of difficulty is based on the words' star ratings at the Macmillan Online Dictionary. Or the program can show all the homophones in each list.
- The list will be automatically randomised. To see them in alphabetical order, uncheck "Randomised".
- When you select "Do easier", the less common word will be shown, when you select "Do harder", the more common word will be shown. (in some sets both words are equally common, so there will be no change)
- Clicking on the word shown will bring uo a dic\tionary definition at the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
- You can find the answers after the exercises
Select type of homophone and level of difficulty, then enter suitable homophones. Check your answers before going on to the next set.
Each sentence contains one word that is wrongly spelt. Write the correct words into the boxes.
- Four candles comedy sketch - the humour in this sketch is largely based on homophones.