What's all this about
Tools currently available.
- IPA symbol generator - keyboard to generate HTML phonetic symbols for use in a blog or web page
Standard printable exercise generators
- WordChanger - changes a list of words - removes vowels, consonants etc - makes anagrams, word shapes
- New improved gapfill printable exercise generator - this is intended to supersede the earlier Multi-function Gap Fill generator. It includes a quick Gapmaker facility and can make more Word-friendly worksheets than the earlier version.
- Matching exercise generator - For basic spaghetti type exercises
- Information gap generator - Students ask each others questions to find the information
Instant exercise generators
- Text jumbler - divides a text into groups of jumbled lines
- Vowel remover - removes vowels, punctuation and more
- Basic Randomiser - Just does 'what it says on the tin'
Interactive exercise code generator
- Interactive Gapfill code generator Version 2 - - generates a gapfill exercise and all the code you need to put an interactive exercise on your blog or web page. Updated version of the generator below, which has dealt with a slight problem on the original.
- Assorted gap fill exercises - editable exercises. Could also be used as a rather versatile gap fill generator
- Quick gapmaker - This quickly square brackets words for use in any of the gap fill generators. Now incorporated into the 'New improved gapfill printable exercise generator'
Superseded by newer posts
Other people's generators and worksheets
- BBC / British Council Teaching English - very superior gap-fill (but there's something wrong with the print version), board games, flashcards - you need to register, but it's free
- SEN Teacher
- TEFL Net - 3 - Matching, Sorting and Anagrams
- Charles Kelly at a4esl - 1 - Multiple choice
- Superkids - not really generators
- Discovery Channel - Word search, crosswords
- Bogglesworld - especially good for kids' stuff